I purchased this car from a good friend of mine in June 2007. Over the past 4 years I have helped him work on the car, so I bascially knew what condition the car was in, and I knew how mechanically sound the car really was.
While my friend owned it, he/we made the following upgrades:
- Rebuilt the stock 400 engine and switched to high compression "16" heads.
- Rebuilt quadrajet carb
- Installed mini high-torque starter.
- Installed ceramic coated headers.
- Installed new Pypes dual exhaust with Dynaflow mufflers.
- Removed TH-350 automatic and installed a Muncie 4-speed w/ correct console.
- Rebuild front suspension with bushing kit from P.S.T.
- Rebuilt front brakes.
- Rebuilt rear axle with 3.73 posi gears, replaced axle bearings.
- Rebuilt rear brakes.
- Restored set of 15x8 snowflake rims and wrapped in new BFG Radial T/A rubber.
- The t-tops leaked many years ago, so floors had some known rot in them and needed to be worked on.
- Rear suspension had never been touched.
- The combination of a 4-speed manual and the 3.73 rear gears made this not a highway friendly ride.
- Some interior pieces needed to be replaced, others freshened up.
- Instrument cluster issues: tach non-functional, speedo non-functional, gas gauge bounced wildly, A/C blower motor never stoped.
- Crummy single-stage paint job put on by previous owner was completely flaking off.
Now, it's time to bring it completely up to date... :)